“We wanted three different voices – three different points of view – telling one cohesive story.” – Julie Marl, Executive Director, Zeno Math
Zeno Math, a non-profit organization based in Seattle, Washington, inspires kids to love math. Their mission is to increase children’s competence and confidence in math with fun and engaging activities. Zeno looked to HCFmedia to create their 2017 fundraising video last month. Here’s what you need to know:
- Video was shot in a half day and utilized pre-existing footage we shot for them for last year’s event
- Event raised over $200,000, $150,000 NET
- Video was about 4 minutes long
- Video played after the main ask and before the paddle raise
- The evening only had a pre-dinner wine auction and paddle raise fund raising section
- About 154 people at the event that last 2 hrs
Zeno was particularly happy because the video and event helped new people who came to the event understand Zeno’s mission. Zeno’s executive director, Julie Marl, said, “After 10 years of running this group my husband told me he finally gets what I do!” Julie sees this as key to future event’s success. “A lot of people don’t realize that close to 40% of the audience might not know EXACTLY how Zeno works – we’ve got wine and celebration, we’ve got to take advantage of educating this captive audience”.
Next year, Zeno is looking forward to shooting their video far in advance in order to use parts of the shoot to run social teasers to lay the groundwork for the 2018 event, and encourage even greater donor participation.
Imagine the awareness increase that a social push and video distribution strategy could have produced! Little time and a small budget does not mean that video is out of the question. By pulling existing resources and strategically showing a video, Zeno was able to raise $200,000 in just 2 hours.