Video growth has moved from the “experiment” phase into the mainstream to boost sales and customer engagement. But what needs to happen for you to participate? Let’s take a look.
The optimal profile of a successful business utilizes a variety of communications channels. One of the key success factors includes video content. Here’s what some successful video initiatives look like:
- Use video to tell your stories more vividly.
At the heart of getting customers engaged is answering the question ‘Why should I care?’ And answering that question comes down to good old fashioned story-telling. Remember: the stories of your business are unique, the successes, the good work that you do, the services and products you provide. Video can help customers connect personally with you and your brand. A fun exercise is to fill out our questionnaire – which helps you define your story in the context of a business goal.
- Share and share a like. People like to share stuff they find funny or touching. A story that reflects their own sensibilities or beliefs. Strong video can help here – and create assets that encourage people to hit the send button. The ice bucket challenge was an incredible example of this.
- Create Short snippy videos made for mobile viewers. YouTube claims to have more than a billion users and more than half of their video views come from mobile devices. That’s a huge number, and most of these views are shorter (in the 1-2 minute mark maximum), so make sure to create some mobile-friendly videos. Again, this will increase engagement and expand your message. Shorter in this case is indeed better.
- Have a wide variety of video formats at hand. Adweek says one of the trends is a shifting focus to new video formats—everything from the short animated GIF, to the six-second Vine, to long-form video and even live streaming broadcasts. Video quickly captures people’s imagination, amplifies big ideas and gets people thinking. You need to be a part of that conversation with multiple content assets.
- Don’t stress it. The last thing you want is more work. Your ‘To-Do’ list is already a mile long. So whatever your approach, take your time in creating a good plan and a great story. Have fun with it, then work with like-minded partners that can bring your vision to life.
We know limited budgets and staff resources can make it challenging for businesses of any size to hit all the marketing check boxes. But you can make your efforts more effective by using our Content Studios to create numerous assets, including your brand anthem video, video teasers, photos, interview transcripts and more. That way, you’ll have all you need to fill your social media channels, blog posts, website pages, press releases, ads, newsletters and more. In fact, you’ll be a content and business machine.
Want ROI proof? Give us a holler and we can show you the numbers.
In any event, cheers to great storytelling and great business. And may the next year be your best year yet.
Contact us to learn more.